An excellent example of a 27th lancers Officer’s Bronze Cap badge with folded blades, completely free from damage.
The regiment was raised in June 1941 from a cadre of personnel taken from the 12th Royal Lancers. It was assigned to the 11th Armoured Division as the divisional reconnaissance regiment. It was later withdrawn and held under command of GHQ.
In 1943, it was shipped to Egypt; in 1944 it moved to Italy, where it served as an independent reconnaissance regiment for the Allied Force Headquarters, and finished the war in Austria, where it was disbanded in August 1945. Some personnel were transferred to the 12th Lancers.
Please fill in the information below