An exceptional and apparently unused Luftwaffe four pocket Service Tunic dated LBA 1935 and clearly stamped to the 1st Technische Komp,Fliegertruppen Flassberg (Aviator Weapon Technics School) at Flassberg on the Baltic in 1939.
Ideally suited to both a flying crew or Fallschirmjager display, the Tunic is constructed in a field quality blue / grey cloth with four pleated and flapped pockets each closed with a single matt-aluminium pebble button.
Front closure is by four matching buttons with a lay flat collar part piped with the golden cord of the flying branch and with the yellow collar tabs with the three gulls of an Obergefreiter. Above the right breast pocket is a machine embroidered first pattern eagle. Each sleeve terminates with a French cuff and the left sleeve has the chevrons appropriate to the rank. Shoulder straps are sewn in and again correct for an Obergefreiter of the flying branch.
Inside, the lining is a grey cotton drill, profusely stamped and showing a chest size of 94 cms (37”). There is one inside pocket and both belt support hooks are in place.
The Tunic is in excellent condition, free from moth or other damage, the only point of note being a miss match of the buttons securing the shoulder straps, an original Assmann button seemingly a replacement on the left shoulder.
It would be quite impossible to upgrade this example.