Measuring 39mm in length with a diameter of approximately 36mm this intriguing departing souvenir engraved “ O.H Collyns Capt. of Submarine B5 Jan 1907- Jan 1909” appears to have been made from copper piping into a Napkin Ring and is in very good condition.
B5 was built by Vickers at their Barrow-in-Furness shipyard, launched 14 November 1905 and completed 25 February 1906 so it appears Collyns was the first Commader.
When the war began in 1914, the boat was assigned to defend the Straits of Dover. B5 was sold on 25 August 1921 to AJ Anderson, then sold again on 1 March 1922 to J Smith, Poole.
Please fill in the information below